For over 20 years, the Saskatchewan Safety Council has been providing youth, between the ages of 14 and 21, access to free safety training in their communities through its Career Safety Training program.
Career Safety Training encourages the development of awareness, attitudes and habits which result in a culture of safety effecting both workplace and home life.
The program is made available via Self-Study Bursary, Curriculum Fitted, or Hosted Groups.
To complete Career Safety Training, three mandatory courses and one industry focused orientation must be completed.
For step by step You Tube instructions, please click here
The mandatory courses are:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course
- Mental Health
For Youth - Sign up here
You are on your way to building your resume and looking like a star candidate for your future employers. Now you can receive safety training for free! Whether this training is to help you keep first-day awkwardness at bay or further develop your career, you are in the right place.
All you need to complete the training is:
- Access to a computer or laptop with internet access
- Headphones or speakers for online training
- Valid email address
There are three options to complete the training:
- You can choose to do this on your own, registering online, and completing the four courses required.
- If you are enrolled in a class at school that has safety as part of the curriculum (e.g. Energy & Mines 30 or a Career and Work Experience Course), you can ask your teacher to participate in the Curriculum Fitted option to involve your whole class.
- If you really want to bring this training to your school, and include a hands-on component like Fall Protection or First Aid, talk to your guidance counselor, favourite teacher or principal about our Hosted Groups format. Your school, or a local organization can host the training over two days.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-757-3197 or Toll Free at 1-855-280-7115.